We have a wide range of test environmentsWe currently have a range of testing facilities, including a large outdoor location which contains two full size 8414 rigs, and an indoor based laboratory with many types of testing stations.
In addition, we also have a mobile laboratory consisting of sensors, measurement and data logging equipment, allowing us to conduct testing at client sites.
We also have viewing and hospitality facilities on-site.
Our testing facilities include:
- Burn hall – a large volume, still air test hall
- Adjustable height fire hardened ceilings
- Two full scale BS8414 testing rigs
- One half size BS8414 testing rig ideal to test variations on the standard test at a reduced cost
- ISO containers
- Fire hardened rooms in a number of sizes which can be built to a specific size Climate controlled conditioning chamber
Our capabilities include:
- Test design, project management, build and environmentally friendly disposal
- The testing and handling of gas, liquids and solids including toxic materials
- Temperature and heat flux measurement
- Gas and chemical species measurement
- Gas velocity and liquid flow measurement
- Pressure and stress measurement
- Deformation measurement and weighing platforms
- Data collection and analysis
In order to evidence the fire performance of cladding materials and be sure they meet required standards, we have two BS8414 testing rigs for Part 1 and Part 2.
We also have one half rig that can be used for more bespoke elements surrounding a cladding test, for example through the addition of a window or other opening, to more closely replicate real situations.